Yes I have a new design. About a week ago I asked UBD to make me a much sleeker and faster loading design that was almost 100% CSS and gave them a ton of specs.
I had many goals with this new design.
1) Full proper HD Videos – we built this awesome video system which allows us to use full HD 16:9 videos and with my old design I had to scrunch them into a 400px wide column. That sucked.
2) Website am going to start doing weekly website reviews.
3) Streamline across the network. This design will work for the gallery and other pages on this site. I will also be bringing back the classifieds soon.
4) Advertising. Its a MUCH better layout for advertising and we have seen clicks on advertisers go up dramatically since implementation. Yes you always see a spike when you implement a new design so we will measure this over the long haul.
5) Website Reviews- After dabbling with the first website review we got a FLOOD of emails (400+) requesting we review there website. We also recieved request from about a dozen different companies wanting to sponsor the ShoeMoney Website Reviews. So we are going to make this a weekly feature (probably on Wednesdays) starting next week.
6) Readability. The statistics so far on the new design on how much time people spend reading articles is up an enormous amount in the short time. Again we will measure these stats overtime.
So the big change has been made. The look and feel will keep the same but there will be many subtle changes. Expect a lot of changes in the sidebar as we monitor user activity and follow what people like and what they don’t like.
I am extremely happy with the new design. I think Unique Blog Designs hit it out of the park with the specs I gave them. Its exactly what I wanted.
So I would love to hear your feedback. Too plain? Not Jazzy enough for you? Please don’t hold back 😉