The first day of pubcon I handed out a bunch of shirts as I always do at conferences. The only downside to the new compressed shirts is a lot of times people wont wear them because they are so wrinkled. However, some people actual do bust out the iron in there hotel room and show up the next day. One very cool guy named Cesar Serna did just that.
Cesar came up to me the next day and was like “damn man this is wild people think I am you or I work for you or something its crazy!” I told him if he emailed me the details I would post it. I was happy to see he followed up when I checked my email this morning:
From: “Cesar Serna”
Date: November 19, 2006 11:50:21 PM CST
Subject: Pubcon 2006
It was great to actually talk to you at Pubcon (I was the one wearing the Shoemoney shirt)โฆ
I got a taste of what its like to be Shoemoney and it was nuts manโฆ Here is a quick list of some of the things that happened to me while wearing your shirt:
- Got told several times how much I had changed peopleโs lives. How they listened to all my shows and read my blog everyday!
- Got asked if I grew my hair out
- Confused for Dillsmack several times and people wanted to know what secret apps I had written for you.
- Was asked repeatedly for a free shirt.
- Got tons of looks and smiles from the ladies (but was this really the power of your shirt?)
The best one of all was hearing โHey shrew money, shrew money! I take a picture with you!โ? and there stood a five foot tall asian man camera in hand thinking I was you.
Again thanks for hanging out at Pubcon and I wish you and your loved ones the very best this Holiday Season!
Serna Internet Consulting
Rock on Cesar!