This episode of Net Income, Jeremy introduces his new co-host, Andrea from PlanetAndrea.com.
Guest: Richard from Affiliatetv.tv
AffiliateTV is a site that was created from publishers to make and edit videos online for marketing and educating purposes using streaming media.
Questions from the chat room:
- Keyword bidding program: Shoemoney said he’s been using GoogSpy (put in competitor’s domain and find out what they are bidding on) but they found it wasn’t very accurate. Dillsmack wrote a program similar that Shoemoney uses.
- What is a 301 Redirect: Shoemoney explained that 301 is a permanent redirect. Basically tells a client that a webpage has permanently moved to another address.
- How do I write good ads? Shoemoney recommended AdWords free training program that teaches you how to write ads.
- Directory submission: Shoemoney suggested finding someone online who will submit your site into directories for you. He suggested DigitalPoint forums to find someone.
- Is there a difference in search engine ranking between blog based site vs. normal site: Shoemoney talked about spam blogs with keywords.
- How do you feel about ChaCha.com? This new human guided search engine recently was released. They will be a future guest on the show, be sure to tune in, this site is really stirring things up!
- API’s: (Myspace and Facebook) Shoemoney mentioned allowing people from his sites to put a badge on their Myspace pages and eventually, Myspace has become a #1 referrer to his site beating out organic traffic.
- Shoemoney Ads: Shoemoney discussed how he is benefiting from the ads. He said that his goal is to build a one stop ad solution for everyone. (Adsense, YPN, AdBright, Ebay, Amazon, etc.)
- Parking pages with Shoemoney ads? If you want to you can. With the Ebay ads, he stated that basically it is your account, and you are just using his application.
Caller: Markus called to ask about the upcoming .mobi being released soon. Shoemoney said he thinks .mobi will work well for mostly trademarked sites