When Google introduced the $1 per download of Firefox campaign I never bought into it. I even own a firefox forum and still didnt think it was worth it. Dont get me wrong I really really like Firefox.
THE THING IS THIS IS CALLED CPA AND 1$ IS CRAP FOR A CPA AD
Let me explain: Consider on your site your getting .60 cost per click with contextual advertising. This means all someone has to do is give a little click on a adsense or ypn ad and boom your paid 60 cents. Yes 60 cents is high or low its just a figure lets move on.
CPA is cost per action for those of you in Rio Linda.
In order to get paid your 1$ for the Firefox ad a user has to:
- Click on the banner (which looks like someone spent about 10 seconds making)
- Download the executable (which is probably blocked and requires further action by the user)
- Have a supported operating system (this is probably a no brainer but does eliminate some people)
- Never have installed firefox before (this is a iffy issue)
- Successfully install Firefox (ehh how are they tracking this?)
Now if a user manages to complete those 5 (FIVE) steps then you get 1$ for there action.
By comparison for some of the CPA programs I run from Azoogleads:
Free ipods 2.50 $ CPA; Only 2 (TWO) steps:
- Click on ad
- Enter email
Jamster Ringtones 7.25 $ CPA; Only 2 (TWO) steps:
- Click on ad
- Enter Phone Number