Many people seem to think that just because I am a premium adsense publisher and do pretty well financially in this business that it’s just a waste of money.
The bottom line is I never even heard of seo, SEM or Search Engine Optimization, SEO Guides, SEO Marketing”>Search Engine Optimization until I found the forums at http://forums.digitalpoint.com last fall. I was making some money with my sites. I don’t want to name specific figures but my online business has grown about 12000% percent since becoming a digitalpoint forum member.
So one day I saw a post on digital point about the SES and i am such a n00b that I had no clue what it was so I promptly asked for more information . Once I looked over the site and schedule I booked flights/hotels and registered my business manager and myself for the convention. I am budgeting about 9k total for this trip and I think that is a small expense for what we should be able to get out of it.
The main reason above all others I am going is not really for me but for my business manager Susan. She will be president of a new corporation I have founded called cellit2u.com. I am planning on making about a 30k investment off the bat for this company with inventory, facility costs and other stuff. Since we already have over 140,000 unique visitors a day on our cellular websites combined this really makes sense as our advertising budget will be pretty limited. Cellit2u will be an online store to sell cell phone accessories. I mean that makes sense right? I am guessing it has to be profitable or the advertisers for adsense on my sites would not be consistently placing advertisements on my pages.
So another huge reason I am going here is to try to find people who currently own electronics or cell phone related internet storefronts to see how they handle stuff like technical support, drop shipping,
So goals of this conference for me are:
1) Get some contacts inside Google for adsense, adwords, and the search engine. It seems that some people supposedly are getting banned pretty easy from adsense and also I am tiered of seeing jerks steal my content only to place there adsense all over my content. Getting some good inside contacts will help me rest better.
2) learn about the yahoo publisher network and try to score into the program since I missed the beta sign up
3) learn about the yahoo publisher network and see what kind of service they are going to offer that Adsense doesn’t
4) Learn about API’s from Amazon, eBay, and other affiliate stuff.
5) Try to figure out what Google is doing with the dmoz.
6) Try to get a Google engineer or someone else on video to answer some hard hitting questions I have about stuff like backlink filters, sandbox and stuff.
7) Figure out this whole googleguy crap
8) See if the storefront I am planning to use is the best solution or if I should go with a hosted solution.
9) Try not to make a idiot out of myself