Thank goodness nobody is building a marketing Dalek, right? But at the same time, maybe a killer bot might be exactly what we need.
60% of users are used to talking to chat bots. The other 40% just don’t know they’ve talked to a chat bot.
Here’s how to use bots on Messenger to bring those leads home.
1. Messenger is Better Than a Landing Page
Wait, what?! You’re telling us to throw out the bedrock of online marketing?!
Hold your horses. I never said that.
What I am saying is that you’re going to get more out of a messenger bot than a landing page.
Because a Messenger bot can be programmed to pull people down the funnel without ever touching your web page. They can display the same info by answering questions and displaying a checkout form.
Messenger feels personal too. I just recently overheard someone talking about their experience with Victoria Secret customer service over Messenger. They were talking about having gotten “several people” before getting someone who “knew what they were talking about.” I guarantee that half her conversation with Victoria Secret was through Messenger bots.
Yeah, at some point a human will have to intervene in situations like hers. But if it’s merely a marketing funnel, a bot can handle 100% of the work of answering FAQs and directing people to a shopping cart.
The Types of Messenger Bots
Here are a few types of bots you might use:
Live Chat Flow
This allows you to screen leads for quality. You want leads who are absolutely interested in your service or product.
The biggest downside to this: you need a live agent on standby just in case the conversation lasts this long. It’s a time saver if you already have an agent or secretary handling messenger conversations. But if you don’t already have one, you might want to skip to the next option.
A live agent will be able to intuit better how to guide the lead down the funnel. Really this is merely a time-saving measure because not all leads will convert and you don’t want to waste your live agent’s time.
Lead Generation Flow
This will bring in tons of information on leads. And it could convert immediately to sales if the lead so chooses.
If you have a sales team or a lead generation company like LeadLoaaf ready, this information is going to be useful.
This is a simple way to qualify your leads as well.
Content + Follow-Up
This bot offers your leads useful content in exchange for information that will qualify them.
This can create a strong impression of both authority and resourcefulness. You also create a feeling of positive connection between you and your potential customers.