1) Start it with “Dear Sirs,”
2) Spell my name wrong.
You want to make misspellings? Thats cool but my name is Jeremy Schoemaker not Jermey or Jeremey and my last name is not Shoemaker or Shumaker or Schumacher.
3) In the email tell me how your just a small blogger and how awesome I am.
WTF do you think I am… I think anyone who has every met me in person would say I am just a regular guy.
4) Ask me what you should do to make money online.
This one annoys the crap out of me. All I do is write and demonstrate several ways to make money online (well most of the time).
5) Ask me what sites I own.
I am always surprised at why people want to know exactly what sites we own… wtf does it matter?
6) Make me read at least 4 pages before getting to your point
I think that is self explanatory
7) Send me a email after you have already used the contact form, messaged me on every forum I have an account in 30 mins
8 ) In the To: Field its addressed to “Undisclosed Recipients”
Sure there are exceptions to this rule. For instance many times people want to not divulge others emails and thats fine. But if I have never ever talked to you I will assume its being sent to a ton of users and toss it.
9) Tell me how other a-list bloggers love your site and have blogged it so I should to
There are so many reasons why this does not work.
- I have never heard of the other bloggers
- I hate regurgitating what others have already written about.
- I dont like the other blogger who wrote about it.
10) Email me and tell me people are syndicating my content
yes i know dis.