So just going through the 120 emails or so in the last year on the subject I will answer questions-
- How much of the check was profit? At the time my expenses were 1 server @ 299$ per month for hosting. I would say atleast 130k was profit.
- How much of the traffic was pay per click? None of it was pay per click. Back then I did not know anything at all about pay per click.
- Where did all your traffic come from? About 70% of the traffic was direct 15% from search engines and 15% from referrals.
- How much traffic did the site get to get that much money? About 75k uniq per day.
- Why did you get a paper check and not wire? Back then Google did not do wire transfers for amounts of $10,000.00
- Do you think its possible to still earn that kind of revenue? (most often asked question) Yes.
- How long did it take to make revenue? I never tried to make any money the first 1.5 years it was running. I just concentrated on providing a good service. About 2 years after I started the site It started to do good revenue from AdSense
- Can you show the full month report from AdSense for that month? Sure See Below.
and here is the full month report: (I have permission from Google to display this in my blog and in my presentations. Please check with Google before you disclose any of your reporting)