At BlogWorld in a couple weeks in addition to the big money baller panel I am also going to be on the “How to Deal with Trolls, Spammers & Sock Puppets” panel with John Chow and Patrick O’Keefe which will be moderated by Conference Founder Rick Calvert.
Rick has asked me to come up for a format for the panel and I thought it would be best if the panelists were just asked basic questions on how they deal with Trolls, Spammers & Sock Puppets.
Here are the questions I thought of off the top of my head…. If you have any pertaining to the subject of How to Deal with Trolls, Spammers & Sock Puppets please contribute it below!
1) Tell us about a time someone on the internet tried to make your life hell. How did you deal with it?
2) Have you ever taken legal action against someone on the internet over something they said about you.
3) How do you deal with people posting anonymously or by being a “sock puppet”
4) Do You moderate comments on your site?
5) Do you censor people on your website that do not agree with you?
6) Where do you draw the line between someone attacking you and disagreeing you (if it matters)?
7) What is your biggest tip for dealing with comment spammers?
8 ) Lots of times when asking for feedback someone may post a link to a site. How do you determine if this is spam or not?
What other questions do you like to see asked of the panel?