Photrade is a really sweet new service in beta I discovered at Blogworld. Its a free place to host your images BUT it makes you money. Its kind of like flikr meets mugshots meets cafepress…… and a lot more. I asked Krista Neher who was at their booth to summarize Photrade:
So thats pretty cool huh? Basically you just upload your photos (there java uploader kicks butt):
Then once your photos are uploaded you can easily share them:
Once you share them you can choose where to place the ad on your photo (if you want to do that)
Then this is what it looks like:
SO just to review:
- You upload and host your photos on photrade
- You get paid a cpm on how many views your photos have (if they are on forums or wherever you still get paid!)
- Someone clicks on your photo comes to photrade and clicks on a ad (like Google Adsense) you get a revshare of that.
- Someone buys your photo (which you set the price on).
- Someone buys a shirt or other merchandise right from the site you get paid!
Now currently photrade is in closed beta but I happened to score a couple hundred invites! If you would like a invite to try this service leave a comment saying so and I will send you one (until they are gone).
I am out of invites 😉