So just going through the 120 emails or so in the last year on the subject I will answer questions-
- 1) How much of the check was profit?At the time my expenses were 1 server @ 299$ per month for hosting. I would say atleast 130k was profit.
- 2) How much of the traffic was pay per click?None of it was pay per click. Back then I did not know anything at all about pay per click.
- 3) Where did all your traffic come from?About 70% of the traffic was direct 15% from search engines and 15% from referrals.
- 4) How much traffic did the site get to get that much money?About 75k uniq per day.
- 5) Why did you get a paper check and not wire?Back then Google did not do wire transfers for amounts of $10,000.00
- 6) Do you think its possible to still earn that kind of revenue? (most often asked question)Yes.
- 7) How long did it take to make revenue?I never tried to make any money the first 1.5 years it was running. I just concentrated on providing a good service. About 2 years after I started the site It started to do good revenue from AdSense
8) Can you show the full month report from AdSense for that month?
and here is the full month report: (I have permission from Google to display this in my blog and in my presentations. Please check with Google before you disclose any of your reporting)